Listen to the episode:
I feel like I could talk about sales and the mindset of sales on every single episode and still never cover the topic fully. So on today’s episode of the podcast, I invited sales coach, Leah Neaderthal to talk to me about how to get over some of that shyness and that yuck that we feel about sales. Because the truth is that when it comes down to it, we can feel strong about what we do and then suddenly become timid the moment we have to talk about it or ask people to buy from us.
Leah is amazing at using LinkedIn and other techniques to help B2B consulting and coaching businesses get paid. What I love about Leah, and in this episode, is she takes this really holistic approach to sales and helps you think about how to overcome some of those things that we think about sales or how we show up ourselves around sales.
Both of us come from this background where we didn’t feel good about sales or didn’t trust that we were good at this. And Leah will tell you, she read 65 books and has created this process that just helps people feel comfortable. And even though we don’t always agree on whether you’re going to love selling in the end, the truth is you can get good at it.
Leah is the first in my series of interviews this month about how to improve your sales and perhaps to think about sales differently. I’m excited for you to tune in and hear what she has to say.
In this episode:
- How Leah taught herself sales. 3:45
- Your internal dialogue and how it impacts sales. 8:00
- Where your internal dialogue shows up in the sales process. 9:40
- The mindset women have been conditioned to carry about sales. 10:30
- Shifting from “likeability” to other perceptions of value. 14:00
- What have we been getting wrong about selling? 18:20
- Do you have to learn to love sales in order to be good at them? 20:30
- How is Leah’s sales process different than others? 22:45
- Learning to talk about yourself. 27:15
- The importance of building relationships in the sales process. 29:15
- Talking about money. 32:30
- How to handle it when the potential client says “no”. 34:15
- Creating a sales pipeline and keeping it filled. 38:00
Where to find Leah:
References from this episode:
Click here to download the transcript from this episode.