Listen to the episode:
Being a business owner often means wearing different hats in your business. One day you’re a marketer, the next day you’re an accountant, and the next day you’re doing administrative work. But there comes a time in every business owner’s life where it doesn’t make sense to continue down the path of doing everything.
In fact, doing everything is often what keeps you from growing your business effectively. So, you decide you’re going to hire someone – usually you start with a virtual assistant. But you automatically start thinking about cost – and you have NO idea how to really onboard someone or what to give them.
Today on the Mindset First Podcast I sit down with Emily Reagan – who describes herself as a jill-of-all trades when it comes to digital marketing and techie skills. She’s worked as a behind-the-scenes digital media implementer and virtual assistant for a decade for online biz owner clients. She’s a mom of four, Air Force wife, and founder of the Digital Media VA Crash Course, where she teaches women the digital marketing skills to get hired online as a unicorn virtual assistant. She shares all the details you need to know how to hire your unicorn to help you grow.
In this episode:
- Emily’s evolution from VA to course creator. 2:50
- Dissecting the term Virtual Assistant. 5:15
- Why do business owners put off bringing in team members? 8:00
- Budgeting for a VA. 11:05
- What work do you give to a VA? 15:00
- The difference between hiring an independent contractor and an employee. 17:50
- Common mistakes business owners make when working with a VA. 21:45
- When to hire an OBM as opposed to a VA. 29:40
- Where to find the VA you need? 31:30
- What to look for when you’re finding a VA. 34:45
- Other tips for working effectively with a VA. 42:20
Where to find Emily:
References from this episode:
- Unstoppable by Linda Perry
- VA Crash Course
- Discovery Call Freebie from Emily
- Hire a Unicorn VA Website
Click here to download the transcript from the episode.