Listen to the episode:
Online courses are a dime a dozen. It seems that every single person has a digital course. Whether you’re a marketer, copywriter, nutritionist, finance expert or fitness trainer – everyone has jumped into the online digital course market.
And while the industry was booming before COVID, the truth is that the pandemic drove even more entrepreneurs into the space. And while that might be good news for business, the completion rate for most courses is terrible. In fact, the completion rate for most online courses is only about 8 percent. Which means that if you’re building a course as you’re listening – chances are that the people you want to reach aren’t going to finish your program. And that’s bad news for you because if they can’t complete their program, the chances of them ever buying from you again diminishes.
So, what do you do? Today, I’m going to share with you a new way to think about your course creation and how understanding mindset can improve your ability to get your students across the finish line.
In this episode:
- The reality of online digital course completion. 3:00
- Why do people sign up for courses? 9:30
- The natural resistance course takers can feel after signing up. 13:15
- Looking at course takers’ own limiting beliefs that could be holding them back. 17:20
- Changing the way you think about the courses you’re building. 20:45
- Ways to make your courses easier for students to complete. 25:50
- Testing your courses and correcting them. 32:30
References from this episode:
- Unstoppable by Linda Perry
Click here to download the transcript from this episode.