Listen to the episode:
Ever wonder how I came up with the name for my personal framework and my podcast – Mindset First? Well today, I’m going to share how I was able to land on a clear and captivating message and how you can too. About a year and a half ago I was in a Mastermind that gifted us the book The Three Word Rebellion by Michelle Mazur. This is a book I fell in love with because rather than simply come up with a title for a book or a concept – Michelle tapped into something I was trying to do and that was – create a movement and shake things up.
Michelle combines tools of successful social movements with the qualitative research skills she earned in her Communication Ph.D. to help business owners create a powerful, captivating message so they can connect and make more money. Today I sit down with Michelle to talk about her great book and the 3 Word Rebellion (and yes, your Three Word Rebellion can be two words like mine). If you’re looking for a battle cry, I invite you to tune in and break open something new in your own messaging.
In this episode:
- Why is messaging so important for your business? 6:15
- How diving into your messaging can help you build a deeper connection to your own business. 10:00
- The importance of boiling down your message to only three words. 13:15
- A clever message versus a clear message. 14:30
- The confidence that comes with putting your message out there to the world. 18:00
- How to identify your Three Word Rebellion. 22:00
- Moving away from bro marketing and toward critical thinking. 28:30
- Using the Three Word Rebellion book as a physical tool for your work around messaging. 36:20
Where to find Michelle:
References from this episode:
- Simon Sinek – Start With Why
- Mel Robbins – Five Second Rule
- Derek Sivers TED Talk – How to Start a Movement
- The Chauffeur by Duran Duran
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.