Listen to the episode:
Nothing trips up business owners more than money, which is why when I was introduced to Christine Luken, who calls herself the financial lifeguard, I was intrigued.
Christine’s focus is helping clients ditch their cycle of shame around their finances and help them make peace with money. Like so many others, Christine herself had a lot of money shame when she was young, because as an accountant, she was supposed to have it together.
But when she hit rock bottom, having debt upon debt, instead of focusing on spreadsheets and budgets, she started to look at creating financial literacy and looking at her relationship with money.
Today’s conversation is an important one because we talk about the patterns so many of us fall into when it comes to money, but we don’t know how to move past them. This is one of the areas that we all struggle with so much in our life and in our business. Christine’s approach, which goes beyond budget looks really at what’s happening below the surface so that you can overcome your money struggles.
This is going to be a good one, and I hope you enjoy every piece of information she shares.
In this episode we talk about:
- The shame ingrained with our relationship with money. 7:00
- How to begin to climb out of a bad financial situation. 10:00
- Why it is so difficult to break out of your patterns and habits surrounding money. 13:20
- Reprogramming your mind to adjust your relationship with money. 17:30
- What to do if you’re not seeing the results you want from the efforts you’re putting in. 27:00
- What is Financial Dignity®? 35:30
Where to find Christine:
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.