Listen to the episode:
On today’s episode, I sit down with marketing buff and proud Irishman, Ross O’Lochlainn. Ross is called the Conversion Engineer because as a former mechanical engineer, he has a certain knack for understanding how things work beneath the surface.
Ross helps online businesses and course creators, take their sales campaigns and have them perform at a higher level than they’ve come to expect. But he does this in a hype-free way that attracts quality students and helps you ditch the launch mentality through a process he calls Open Every Day. I’m actually a student of Ross’s and his methodology has done so much to shift the way I deliver information and how I serve my audience. I’m a huge believer in his work. And I’m excited to share our conversation with you.
We talk all about the process of selling and how the launch mindset actually leaves both you and the customer depleted. It’s a great conversation, especially if you’re a course provider who has sold your courses using the launch model. And you’re really sick of doing it that way. This is going to change the way you think about how you approach your audience and so much more. I can’t wait for you to dive in and let me know what you think.
In this episode we talk about:
- How the launch mindset impacts business owners and their businesses. 10:30
- The importance of having customers that actually finish and use the courses they’re purchasing. 17:00
- The factors that go into customer purchasing decisions. 23:00
- Designing products and courses to meet your customer’s needs. 32:30
Where to find Ross:
- Open Every Day – openeverydaybook.com
References from today’s episode:
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Jobs to Be Done Theory – Clay Christensen
- The Consumer Decision Journey – McKinsey & Company
- The Bleeding Neck Theory – Perry Marshall
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.