Listen to the episode:
I’m so excited about today’s episode because today’s topic is so important for every single business owner. And it’s one of those things that we dread so much because it leaves us feeling so exposed and so vulnerable. Networking, or as my guest today shares, building personal relationships can be critical whether you’re looking for clients, building a referral network, or just trying to get the word out on your business.
On today’s episode speaker, networking, expert, business strategist, author of This Shit Works: A No-Nonsense Guide to Networking Your Way to More Friends, More Adventures, and More Success, Julie Brown and I take a deep dive into why networking is so important and how you can make it work for you.
Julie has over 20 years of networking experience and she even calls herself the networking unicorn, which I love. This episode is going to make you think differently about building your network, how easy follow-up can really be and what you can do now, even in the middle of COVID, to expand your network. This is an important episode so even if you think you’re pretty good at this networking stuff, tune in.
In this episode we talk about:
- The power of networking and building relationships. 3:15
- Redefining how you think of networking and your own worth. 5:00
- How to follow-up after a networking event. 17:30
- Networking during the time of COVID. 22:00
- What it means to analyze the health of your network. 29:00
- How to move past your mindset blocks around networking. 34:00
Where to find Julie:
References from today’s episode:
- This Shit Works: A No-Nonsense Guide to Networking your Way to More Friends, More Adventures, and More Success by Julie Brown
- More information on Dunbar’s number
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.