Listen to the episode:
Imposter complex can feel like it comes out of nowhere. You can be plugging along in your business, serving your customers, and then you get this call from a prospective client and it starts to bubble up from inside you.
You hear the tape begin to play in your head, a deep insecure tape that tells you that you have no idea what you’re doing and that the person on the other end knows it. You stumble over your words. You feel yourself starting to over-promise because you feel like if you don’t, they’ll see right through you and realize that no matter what the person who referred them told them, you’re a fake.
Even if you’re able to survive that first call, you start to doubt everything. You pull together your proposal and you start to wonder, can I even do this work? And then when the client actually signs the contract, you go into a panic, right? Because you have to follow through with the project. You start to second guess everything you do. And wait, wait for the moment that they find out that you’re really not good enough.
That, my friend, is how imposter complex works. And today, we’re going to talk about how you can start to move past imposter complex and really own your worth.
In this episode we talk about:
- What does imposter complex mean? 2:47
- When imposter complex is most likely to show up. 6:30
- What imposter complex can look like and sound like in your business. 9:00
- A four step process to manage imposter complex. 14:45
References from this episode:
- Free Guided Meditation
- The Imposter Phenomenon in High Achieving Women – Pauline Clance & Suzanne Imes
- Neil Gaimain’s Story
- Neale Donald Walsch: “What you resist, persists. What you look at disappears.”
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.