Can essential oils improve performance and speed recovery?
Believe it or not, essential oils are your new best friend in your quest to improve performance and recovery after a run. From helping increase oxygen input to soothing aching muscles, essential oils can really make a difference. Although I have long used oils to reduce anxiety and improve my mood, it turns out that essential oils have made a big difference in my oxygen intake and healing my aches and pains after long runs.
What are essential oils?
Essential Oils are the liquid that is derived from leaves, stems, flowers, bark, roots or other elements from a plant. They are the true essence of the plant and are highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. Essential Oils have therapeutic properties and are used to promote well-being and overall health. They have a variety of uses, but their ability to achieve results truly depends on the purity and grade of the oil - so do your research.
Essential Oils Improve Performance and Enhance Recovery
By following a simple regimen, you can not only improve your oxygen intake, but feel more energized, heal rashes and support muscle recovery by using oils. If you are looking for a naturopath method of improving your training, oils can make a big difference. Whether you are a long-time runner or a new runner training for that first BIG run, essential oils will help you reach your goals and love your runs even more. Get your samples today by filling out the form below!
Which oils do what?
- Peppermint: Need more oxygen and energy? Rubbing a few drops of peppermint oil on your chest can improve your breathing and boost your energy. It is also useful for a natural pain reliever for those aches and pains we all feel after a long run. And best yet, peppermint can help relieve nausea and gas that can sometimes happen before a race. Try putting a drop on your tongue and touching the roof of your mouth to deliver peppermint to all your senses.
- Lemon: Lemon is a great detoxifier. We all know that we build up lactic acid after a long run. A few drops of lemon oil in a pitcher of water is a healthy way to rid our body of toxins and help you hydrate. Lemon is also known to improve your mood and stimulate your immune system - great for when you might feel run down and don't want to miss your next run.
- Lavender: How often has the excitement of a race kept you from getting a good night's sleep before a race. For me, every time. A few drops of lavender in a diffuser can help you relax and get a good night's rest. It can also help heal cuts and bruises that might happen from any activity.
- Melaleuca: Mixed with a base of coconut oil and lavender, this oil is great for cleansing the skin and healing rashes that might occur from clothing rubbing up against you during a long run. Taken internally, it can improve healthy immune function.
RespritoryBlend*: An all-in-one blend of oils designed to help you boost your oxygen intake and clear airways, the respritoryblend combines Lemon, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Thyme, Melissa and Cardamom. It can be applied to your chest before a run, back or the bottom of your feet. It is also is great for night time diffusion so you can get a better sleep.
- Protective Blend*: Using a Wild Orange base combined with Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary, the protective blend is an essential oil blend that can also help boost your immune system. With a wild orange base, the protective blend is a versatile oil that can also be used to clear a room and provide energy after a long run.
- Soothing Blend*: A must have for all runners, this oil provides comforting effects to sore muscles after exercise. A combination of Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Blue Tansy, German Chamomile, Helichrysum and Osmanthus, you will feel the effects of this soothing blend away. It can be purchased as an oil, roll-on or cream, so you choose what is best for your muscle recovery and get back out there running.
Ready to Sample Your Essential Running Oils Today?
Click below to fill out a Sample Request form to get started and receive your trial run!
Begin to see how using just a few drops can make a big impact on your run and post-run recovery. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already recognize The many great benefits of Essential Oils And running?
Great! Just click the link below to be directed to my Independent Wellness Advocate page and begin shopping. Check out the Athlete's Kit, which combines Breathe, On Guard, Deep Blue, Peppermint and Lavender in one purchase! Or get all of the above when you buy the Home Essentials Kit, which includes a diffuser with your purchase.
*Note that these blends do have trademark names that differ than those listed here. If you want to know the trademark name when shopping on my site for oils, please email me at email@example.com.